The company was originally founded at this site in 1935 as the Polish Chemical and Pharmaceutical Factory, “Polpharma”, after which the plant was significantly damaged during World War II.
In the years 1945–1949, factories were nationalised and rebuilt. In 1951, the enterprise changed to Starogardzkie Zakłady Farmaceutyczne. The company was restored to its former name “Polpharma” on 1 December, 1995, and was privatised on 20 July, 2000, with the participation of Polish capital.
Drug Production Plant
There are 575 specialists employed in the Drug Production Plant and 1500 products are manufactured here. The plant is constantly expanding, particularly in the areas of glass ampoules, polypropylene infusion fluids and dry mould production capacity.
Polpharma is the largest Polish producer of active pharmaceutical substances (API). Our substances are available in over 60 countries on 6 continents.
Read more about it here.