The following are the key directions of our activity, which stem from the opportunities and risks we have identified:
- Efficient energy management, using clean and renewable energy sources, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and applying compensatory measures to ultimately reach climate neutrality.
- Designing products and processes to limit their impact on the environment and biodiversity across the value chain; designing, improving and implementing innovative green technologies and processes and applying green chemistry principles.
- Minimising the emission of pollutants into the air, soil and water, including emissions of active substances in the course of manufacturing and auxiliary processes.
- Rational and effective use of natural resources by means of applying circular economy principles, such as reduced consumption of raw materials, minimum waste generation, using recycled or reusable resources.
- Minimising harmful environmental impact by rational selecting the means of transport with the smallest possible carbon footprint and by optimising logistics processes.
- Creating a green work environment, including the use of green office and green event principles, promoting environmentally-friendly commuting and business travel rules and increasing process digitisation.
- Building a sustainable supply chain by demanding that suppliers comply with specific environmental standards and supporting them in reducing their environmental and climate impact.
- Making responsible procurement choices while taking into account environmental criteria.
- Responsible marketing and education of stakeholders to ensure the right use of products and their adequate disposal to minimise the leakage of pharmaceutical substances from medicinal products into the natural environment.
- Encouraging stakeholders to champion environmental protection and supporting them in their efforts.
The environmental aspects of Polpharma Group’s activities are governed by the environmental management system. The Environmental Protection Policy and other documents are part of the environmental management system. All of our employees are responsible for respecting and implementing them. Management, including the Management Board, supervises their application.
We comply with legal regulations and with environmental management system standards. We prevent failures and react immediately if they occur.
We continuously measure and analyse our impact on the environment. We set long-term environmental goals for ourselves. We engage in long-term dialogue with stakeholders. We educate, engage and reward our employees for contributing to process improvement. At the same time, we continuously improve our environmental management system and the solutions we apply. We regularly report on our impact and progress in the implementation of environmental goals in publicly accessible reports.